- tayabet The Best of Metropolit
- phlboss Rody asks Davao folk:
- tayabet Feyenoord Vs Milan, Ch
- tayabet Lawyer rejects propose
- kubiwin Hilda Koronel to make
- strike33 NBA: LeBron, Lakers s
- tayabet Gujarat: Mild Tremor F
- tayabet Rate reset for NGCP ma
- tayabet Barbie Imperial claps
- tayabet DILG closes P13 millio
amz slot Firecracker-related injuries rise to 101 ahead of New Year – DOH

MANILA, Philippines — The number of firework-related injuries recorded so far increased to 101 on Friday, according to the Department of Health (DOH).
The DOH said the injuries were recorded from December 22 to December 27 and were significantly higher than the 75 and 32 injuries reported during the same period in 2023 and 2022, respectively.
“Eighty ng kaso (79 percent) ay dulot ng iligal na paputok, partikular ay boga, 5-star at piccolo, kung saan 65 ng kaso (64 percent) ay aktibong gumamit ng paputok,” said the DOH in an advisory.
Article continues after this advertisement(Eighty cases or 79 percent were caused by illegal fireworks, particularly boga, 5-star, and piccolo, with 65 cases or 64 percent involving active use of fireworks.)
FEATURED STORIES NEWSINFO COA: BSP spent P5.95B for new peso banknotes NEWSINFO Rody asks Davao folk: ‘Don’t abandon Dutertes’ NEWSINFO IMF sees 36% of PH jobs eased or displaced by AI
Meanwhile, DOH said 82 of the injuries were sustained by individuals ages 19 years old and below, with 92 of the injuries being male.
lucky tiger no deposit bonusArticle continues after this advertisementREAD: Firecracker victims are mostly children, says DOH
Article continues after this advertisementThe DOH then reiterated its reminder to avoid lighting up any type of firecrackers and instead opt for noise-making alternatives like drums and horns to celebrate.
The country’s balance of payments (BOP) position recorded a $3.5-billion surplus in September, a reversal from the $414-million deficit posted a year ago, the BSP said in a report.
Article continues after this advertisementIt also emphasized that the sale of firecrackers or fireworks to minors is illegal.
The Department also urged the public to contact the National Emergency hotline at 911 and the DOH hotline at 1555, in cases of emergency.
READ: DOH-7: 19 people hurt due to fireworks in Central Visayas
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- Last:phlboss New Year 2025: Number of hopeful Filipinos drops to 90% – SWS
- Next:tayabet IND Vs AUS, 4th Test: Lower-Order Runs Keep Australia On Top Against India On Day 4 - Data Debrief
-
2025-02-19tayabet New coal power plant p
-
2025-02-17tayabet Lawyer rejects propose
-
2025-02-16tayabet Alleged drug group lea
-
2025-02-15tayabet Rate reset for NGCP ma